Building a trusting relationship with your real estate agent is essential to the buying and selling process. We understand that face-to-face meetings are preferable, but our video conferencing systems and screen sharing capabilities allow you to build a strong relationship with your agent while distancing measures are in place.
We embraced 3D virtual home tours long before the COVID-19 pandemic and are currently the only real estate brokerage with this powerful technology in the Lake Placid region. This immersive experience allows our listings to reach a much wider audience and provides prospective buyers with a true view into a home that is not possible with photography alone. This innovative technology allows our listings to stand out above the competition and provides buyers the ability to tour your home easily and often without the fear of leaving their house.
- Embedded 3D tours generate higher interest and engagement by potential buyers
- Properties with 3D tours tend to sell for a 4-9% higher value
- Days on the market typically decrease by up to 31%
- Buyers are 95% more likely to call about homes with virtual 3D tours
While home inspectors have been deemed essential employees, current regulations state that home inspectors can go to the property, but the buyers or licensees cannot physically accompany them. However, we understand how important it is for you to be involved. We will keep you up-to-date throughout the entire process.
- Home inspectors will provide a digital report that will be sent directly to you
- Detailed photos and videos are available to accompany this report, allowing you to see specific features that are outlined in the digital report
- Facetime is available with your home inspector providing the opportunity to ask important questions and discuss details directly with the inspector that examined the property
Historically, real estate sales have relied on in-person meetings to sign forms and contracts formalizing a sale. We have adjusted this process by adopting the use of Dotloop, a paid service developed specifically for real estate that electronically sends forms, documents, and contracts for electronic signatures to be submitted securely.
- Completing contracts and forms is easy with Dotloop's intuitive platform
- Dotloop is conveniently compatible with any internet-connected device with a browser
- Every REALTOR® in our MLS have access to this service so even if you are not buying directly through Merrill L. Thomas, we can work directly with other brokerages to make the contract process as smooth as possible
Earnest Money Delivery
If the idea of mailing a check for a down payment is unsettling and you would rather avoid handing your check to your REALTOR®, you can wire your down payment directly into our escrow account through NBT Bank.