It's spring in the Adirondacks (finally). With it comes all things synonymous with springtime in region: the sweet taste of maple syrup, warm-weather skiing at Whiteface Mountain, and the rushing waters of area rivers. As the weather warms, spring also marks an ideal time to check out our numerous Adirondack homes for sale.
FYI: we don't mean to brag, so consider this a "humblebrag," but our staff represent some of the top real estate agents in the Adirondack Park. So whether you're looking for a first home, a second, or land for sale, you can confide in us to help you find your dream home – one that's already been built, or one that's a vision in your head waiting for the right slice of land to become a reality.
Take it from us, nothing beats the Adirondack lifestyle. Year-round, there's always an outdoor adventure to be had – and come spring that means hiking, whitewater rafting, and the beginning of paddling season. From the Olympic Village of Lake Placid to the burgeoning towns and villages scattered throughout the park, make us your go-to realty source for finding your Adirondack dream home.
See the beauty of the Adirondacks firsthand – visit and stay in one of our Lake Placid vacation rentals and you'll see why falling in love with the area is seriously difficult to avoid (don't say we didn't warn you). Read on for our top 10 reasons to buy real estate in the Adirondacks.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy Adirondack Real Estate
- Beautiful Views: Many of our realtors are natives of the Adirondacks and can attest to the fact that beauty is everywhere you turn throughout the park. Just scroll down to see the variety of homes for sale offering incredible views in every direction.
- Lakeside Access: What could be better than venturing outside your door to smell the spring blooms? Or taking in the stars on one of the first warm spring nights from the convenience of your dock? We can't think of anything, really.
- Proximity to Outdoor Recreation: Spring hiking, road biking, paddling – you name it, we've got it. And with six-million-acres to explore, the Adirondacks make for one of planet's ultimate natural playgrounds. Imagine all of that, right outside your door.
- Close to the Action: The Adirondacks are filled with a myriad of towns and villages, including two-time Winter Olympic host Lake Placid. With a variety of events happening year-round, there's always something to do. Say bye to hearing "I'm bored" from the little ones.
- See Potential, Envision Possibility: Spring, winter, summer, fall – no matter the time of year, new possibilities are everywhere in the Adirondacks. And our realtors are ready to assist as you explore a number of homes, to help you imagine the future for Adirondack springs and beyond.
- Telecommuting: If you're thinking of relocating to the Adirondacks, telecommuting is a viable option in the area. Let's face it, it's tough to beat an Adirondack office – meetings on top of mountains, on the slopes, or in your own home with the Adirondack Mountains as your backdrop.
- The New "It" Travel Destination: The Adirondacks are often noted as the birthplace of the American vacation. As a year-round travel destination that was named one of the New York Times' top 46 places to visit in 2013, you'll be the new "it" travel hotspot on all of your friends and family's travel bucket lists.
- The Best of Spring in New York State: Hike the high peaks, enjoy locally produced maple syrup, and get your foodie on at a rustic bar or restaurant. Then, wake up and do it all again the next day. In New York State, the Adirondacks do mud season like nowhere else.
- Small Towns, Big Dreams: The Adirondacks are a hotbed for producing Winter Olympic athletes. And it's no wonder; active lifestyles are part and parcel of the Adirondack way of life and Lake Placid is home to one of three US Olympic Training Centers. Adirondack youth often catch Olympic fever at a young age – who knows? Yours might stand on an Olympic podium one day.
- Upstate New York Does It Right: We'll let a quote from a Huffington Post article speak for itself: "When it comes to living well, upstaters may be able to teach us a thing or two." We couldn't agree more.