Winter has arrived in the Adirondacks – and that means a lot of things. Skiing the greatest vertical drop east of the Rockies at Whiteface Mountain, ice skating on Lake Placid's Olympic Oval, gliding through the woods on cross country skis, resting our weary feet by a toasty fire after a day of fun in our winter wonderland – all of that just skims of surface of winter in the Adirondacks.
Winter isn't for everyone, but here, our communities are a group of passionate snow enthusiasts. If winter is your thing and you're looking to relocate to a community that feels the same, take a moment to browse our Adirondack homes for sale. Or, if you're interested in starting from scratch, our variety of land for sale opens up opportunities for creating your dream home or starting that new business.
Need more convincing? Check out our top ten reasons for buying real estate in the Adirondacks. But before making that final decision, our numerous Lake Placid vacation rentals are a great option to get a condensed version of what life in the Adirondacks is all about.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy Adirondack Real Estate
- Beautiful Views: Many of our realtors are natives of the Adirondacks and can attest to the fact that beauty is everywhere you turn throughout the park. Just scroll down and you can see, the variety of homes for sale offer incredible views in every direction.
- Lakeside Access: What could be better than venturing outside your door for a xc ski across a frozen lake? Or taking in the stars on a quiet, cold winter night from the convenience of your dock? We can't think of anything, really.
- Proximity to Outdoor Recreation: Skiing, riding, ice climbing, skating – you name it, we've got it. And with six-million-acres to explore, the Adirondacks make for the ultimate playground amid one of the best winter wonderlands on Earth Imagine that, right outside the door of your new home.
- Close to the Action: The Adirondacks are filled with a myriad of towns and villages, including two-time Winter Olympic host Lake Placid. With a variety of events happening year-round, there's always something to do. Say goodbye to "I'm bored" from the little ones.
- See Potential, Envision Possibility: Winter white or summer green – no matter the time of year, new possibilities are everywhere in the Adirondacks. And our realtors are ready to assist as you explore a number of homes, to help you imagine the future for Adirondack winters and beyond.
- Telecommuting: If you're thinking of relocating to the Adirondacks, telecommuting is a viable option in the area. Let's face it, it's tough to beat an Adirondack office – meetings on top of mountains, on the slopes, or in your own home with snow-covered mountains as your backdrop.
- The New "It" Travel Destination: The Adirondacks are often noted as the birthplace of the American vacation. As a year-round travel destination that was named one of the New York Times' top 46 places to visit in 2013, you'll be the new "it" travel hotspot on all of your friends and family's travel bucket lists.
- The Best of Winter in New York State: Ski down the East's greatest vertical drop and New York's 5th highest peak, head out for a ski or snowshoe on a snow-covered forest trail, and enjoy a true après ski experience at a rustic bar or restaurant. Then, wake up and do it all again the next day. In New York State, the Adirondacks have winter down like nowhere else.
- Small Towns, Big Dreams: The Adirondacks are a hotbed for producing Winter Olympic athletes. And it's no wonder; active lifestyles are part and parcel of the Adirondack way of life. Adirondack youth often catch Olympic fever at a young age – who knows? Yours might stand on an Olympic podium one day.
- Upstate New York Does It Right: We'll let a quote from a Huffington Post article speak for itself: "When it comes to living well, upstaters may be able to teach us a thing or two."