Hiking to mountaintops, cruising on the lake after a hard day's work, camping beneath the stars during a staycation – when you live in the Adirondacks, all of that and the park's six-million-acre wilderness is just a step outside your door every summer.
If that's a picture perfect vision for a place to call home – or a second vacation home – you're looking to relocate, and you have a passion for the outdoors, we guarantee you'll find something that will fit your lifestyle among our Lake Placid real estate for sale.
Beyond, our offerings span the many lakes in the Adirondacks with real estate available. So if yours is a lifestyle that entails living by the water in a new home from our available waterfront real estate – don't even get us started on the benefits of living on an Adirondack lake – or you're looking for a spot that will come to be known as the ultimate summer destination among your friends and family, we're here to help you find your own little slice of Adirondack heaven.
We also have land for sale in the Adirondacks if your plans involve starting from scratch, as well as commercial real estate throughout the park. Read on for our top 10 reasons to buy real estate in the Adirondacks this summer, or plan a visit in one of our Lake Placid vacation rentals to see how easy it is to fall in love with our corner of the world.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy Adirondack Real Estate
- Beautiful Views: Many of our realtors are natives of the Adirondacks and can attest to the fact that beauty is everywhere you turn throughout the park. Just scroll down to see the variety of homes for sale offering incredible views in every direction.
- Lakeside Access: What could be better than venturing outside for a day on the lake? Or taking in the stars during dinner on the dock on a cool summer's eve? We can't think of anything, really.
- Proximity to Outdoor Recreation: Hiking, mountain or road biking, paddling – you name it, we've got it. And with six-million-acres to explore, the Adirondacks make for one of the planet's ultimate natural playgrounds. Imagine all of that, right outside your door.
- Close to the Action: The Adirondacks are filled with a myriad of towns and villages, including two-time Winter Olympic host Lake Placid. With a variety of events happening year-round, there's always something to do. Say bye to hearing "I'm bored" from the little ones.
- See Potential, Envision Possibility: Spring, winter, summer, fall – no matter the time of year, new possibilities are everywhere in the Adirondacks. And our realtors are ready to assist as you explore a number of homes, to help you imagine the future for Adirondack summers and beyond.
- Telecommuting: If you're thinking of relocating to the Adirondacks, telecommuting is a viable option in the area. Let's face it, it's tough to beat an Adirondack office – meetings on summits, on the slopes, or in your own home with the Adirondack Mountains as your backdrop.
- The New "It" Travel Destination: The Adirondacks are often noted as the birthplace of the American vacation. As a year-round travel destination that was named one of the New York Times' top 46 places to visit in 2013, you'll be the new "it" travel hotspot on all of your friends and family's travel bucket lists.
- The Best of Summer in New York State: Hike to New York's highest mountains in the 46 High Peaks, head out on a lake for a sunset cruise, and end your day with locally sourced food and drink at a watering hole or restaurant. Then, wake up and do it all again the next day. In New York State, the Adirondacks do summer like nowhere else.
- Small Towns, Big Dreams: The Adirondacks are a hotbed for producing Winter Olympic athletes. And it's no wonder; active lifestyles are part and parcel of the Adirondack way of life and Lake Placid is home to one of three US Olympic Training Centers. Adirondack youth often catch Olympic fever at a young age – who knows? Yours might stand on an Olympic podium one day.
- Upstate New York Does It Right: We'll let a quote from a Huffington Post article speak for itself: "When it comes to living well, upstaters may be able to teach us a thing or two." We couldn't agree more.