Fall: it's a time in the Adirondacks when locals are greeted by the colorful spectacle Mother Nature graces us with each year – when fall festivals, cooler temperatures and harvests lend way to all that is synonymous with autumn in our special corner of the globe, from apple picking to harvest-inspired farm-to-fork cuisine and some of the year's best hiking with less-crowded trails and clear summit views.
Here in the Adirondacks, our fall is centered on community. If you're on the hunt for a new place to call home, we encourage you to take a look at our Adirondack homes for sale and to think about the possibilities for joining our community of life-long adventurers and passionate souls. With a variety of land for sale, starting from scratch for your new home or business is always an option, too.
We've even assembled a helpful list of our top reasons to buy real estate in the Adirondacks – but, if you need further convincing, make the trip and get a feel for what the Adirondacks are really about in one of our Lake Placid vacation rentals.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy Adirondack Real Estate
- Beautiful Views: Many of our realtors are natives of the Adirondacks and can attest to the fact that beauty is everywhere you turn throughout the park. Just scroll down and you can see, the variety of homes for sale offer incredible views in every direction.
- Lakeside Access: What could be better than venturing outside on a sunny fall day to take in the Adirondack fall foliage from the vantage point of your canoe or kayak? Or listening to the call of a loon on a peaceful evening with your family on the dock? We can't think of anything, really.
- Proximity to Outdoor Recreation: Hiking, fishing, skiing, biking – you name it, we've got it. And with six-million-acres to explore, the Adirondacks make for the ultimate playground amid one of the longest fall foliage seasons in the nation. Imagine that, right outside the door of your new home.
- Close to the Action: The Adirondacks are filled with a myriad of towns and villages, including two-time Winter Olympic host Lake Placid. With a variety of events happening year-round, there's always something to do. Say goodbye to "I'm bored" from the little ones.
- See Potential, Envision Possibility: Colorful fall or winter white – no matter the time of year, new possibilities are everywhere in the Adirondacks. And our realtors are ready to assist as you explore a number of homes, to help you imagine the future for Adirondack autumns and beyond.
- Telecommuting: It you're thinking of relocating to the Adirondacks, telecommuting is a viable option in the area. Let's face it, it's tough to beat an Adirondack office – meetings on top of mountains, on the slopes, or in your own home with fresh mountain air wafting through the window.
- The New "It" Travel Destination: The Adirondacks are often noted as the birthplace of the American vacation. As a year-round travel destination that was named one of the New York Times' top 46 places to visit in 2013, you'll be the new "it" travel hotspot on all of your friends and family's travel bucket lists.
- The Best of Fall in New York State: From days spent apple picking and visiting farmers' markets for fresh fall produce to hiking amid the colors of the changing leaves, destined for Adirondack mountaintops, and enjoying a cold one at a local brewpub after your descent, the splendors of fall are always welcome in the Adirondacks.
- Small Towns, Big Dreams: The Adirondacks are a hotbed for producing Winter Olympic athletes. And it's no wonder; active lifestyles are part and parcel of the Adirondack way of life. Adirondack youth often catch Olympic fever at a young age – who knows? Yours might stand on an Olympic podium one day.
- Upstate New York Does It Right: We'll let a quote from a recent Huffington Post article speak for itself: "When it comes to living well, upstaters may be able to teach us a thing or two."