Summer is in full swing in the Adirondacks – and for locals, it's a time that makes us appreciate 'home' more than ever, because summer means a few things. It means coffee on the deck as the sun rises over the lake; morning skis when the water is so calm it looks like glass; afternoons spent enjoying picnic lunches atop mountain peaks as the sun shines down and you take in the view; nights spent around the campfire enjoying good times with family and friends.
For us, it's all a reality. So whether you're starting completely from scratch and looking to find land for sale, or you can't get that dream waterfront property off of your mind, we're here to help make it your reality, too. We've even assembled a helpful list of our top reasons to buy real estate in the Adirondacks so this summer can become your summer for years to come.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy Adirondack Real Estate
- Beautiful Views: Many of our realtors are natives of the Adirondacks and can attest to the fact that beauty is everywhere you turn throughout the park. Just scroll down and you can see, the variety of homes for sale offer beautiful views in every direction.
- Lakeside Access: What could be better than stepping outside your door on a warm summer day and dipping your toes in the cool glacial waters of the Adirondacks? Or listening to the call of a loon on a peaceful evening with your family on the dock? We can't think of anything, really.
- Proximity to Outdoor Recreation: Hiking, fishing, skiing, biking – you name it, we've got it. And with six-million-acres to explore, the Adirondacks make for the ultimate playground. Imagine that, right outside the door of your new home.
- Close to the Action: The Adirondacks are filled with a myriad of towns and villages, including two-time Winter Olympic host Lake Placid. With a variety of events happening year-round, there's always something to do. Say goodbye to "I'm bored" from the little ones.
- See Potential, Envision Possibility: Summer green or winter white – no matter the time of year, new possibilities are everywhere in the Adirondacks. And our realtors are ready to assist as you explore a number of homes, to help you imagine the future for sweet Adirondack summers and beyond.
- Telecommuting: It you're thinking of relocating to the Adirondacks, telecommuting is a viable option in the area. Let's face it, it's tough to beat an Adirondack office – meetings on top of mountains, on the slopes, or in your own home with fresh mountain air wafting through the window.
- The New "It" Travel Destination: The Adirondacks are often noted as the birthplace of the American vacation. As a year-round travel destination that was named one of the New York Times' top 46 places to visit in 2013, you'll be the new "it" travel hotspot on all of your friends and family's travel bucket lists.
- The Best of Summer in New York State: Ah, sweet summertime. While it may seem short-lived after long winters, the Adirondacks know how to do summer like nowhere else, with long sunny days on the lake, followed by nights around your backyard campfire, s'mores-making required.
- Small Towns, Big Dreams: The Adirondacks are a hotbed for producing Winter Olympic athletes. And it's no wonder; active lifestyles are part and parcel of the Adirondack way of life. Adirondack youth often catch Olympic fever at a young age – who knows? Yours might stand on an Olympic podium one day.
- Upstate New York Does It Right: We'll let a quote from a recent Huffington Post article speak for itself: "When it comes to living well, upstaters may be able to teach us a thing or two."