The coveted summer season is in sight. Why 'coveted?' Simple: summer equals sunny days on the lake, camping outings to nearby yet remote-feeling islands, a world-class lineup of music and sporting events, and memorable times with friends and family.
Sound like your kind of summer? Looking to relocate? If you answered yes to both, seriously love the outdoors, and appreciate a sense of remoteness (but not too remote), then you should take a look at our homes for sale in Lake Placid.
If you're looking for a reliable realtor in Lake Placid to guide you in your hunt for the perfect home, look no further. From Adirondack Camps to seasonal condos and waterfront real estate for sale, our knowledgeable realtors are ready to assist in the search for your dream home.
Whether you're a longtime lover of the Adirondacks who knows exactly what you're looking for or you've recently fallen in love with the area, let us show you the best real estate in Lake Placid. If you need to mull things over, take an extended vacation in one of our Lake Placid rental homes to feel things out and envision your new life in the Adirondacks firsthand.
We think living in the Adirondacks is, in a word, sublime. Need some convincing? Check out our top 10 reasons for making the move...
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a Home in the Adirondacks
1. Beautiful Views: Many of our realtors are Lake Placid natives and can attest to the fact that beauty is everywhere you turn throughout the park. Just scroll down to see what we mean.
2. Lakeside Access: There is nothing like waking up to a lakeside sunrise and turning in with the call of the loon as your 'white noise.' With a waterfront home, you get all that and more.
3. Outdoor Recreation: With six million acres to explore, the Adirondacks make for one of the planet's ultimate natural playgrounds for hiking, fishing, biking, and more ways to actively explore.
4. Close to the Action: Filled with a myriad of towns and villages including two-time Winter Olympic host Lake Placid, year-round events mean there is always something to do.
5. See Potential, Envision Possibility: No matter the time of year, new possibilities are everywhere in Lake Placid. Our realtors are ready to help you imagine your future in your Adirondack dream home.
6. Telecommuting: If you're thinking of relocating here, telecommuting is a viable option in the area, and let us be the first to say, it's tough to beat an Adirondack office.
7. The New "It" Travel Destination: Noted as the "Birthplace of the American Vacation" by Smithsonian Magazine, the Adirondacks have a long history of welcoming visitors. Move here and you'll be the new 'it' vacation destination among your friends and family.
8. The Best of Summer in New York State: Hike to New York's highest mountains in the 46 High Peaks, head out on a lake for a sunset cruise, and end your day with locally sourced food and drink at a nearby watering hole. Then, wake up and do it all again the next day.
9. Olympic Aspirations: Lake Placid is a hotbed for producing Winter Olympic athletes. It's no wonder, really – active lifestyles are part of the Adirondack way of life and Lake Placid is home to one of three Olympic Training Centers in the US.
10. Upstate New York Does It Right: We'll let a quote from a Huffington Post article speak for itself: "When it comes to living well, upstaters may be able to teach us a thing or two." We couldn't agree more.