Most of us locals are ready for this long lasting winter to end, it's quite a "hot" topic around Lake Placid. Luckily warm air is on it's way and the snow has begun to melt off the High Peaks of the Adirondacks. A fresh supply of clean water will cascade off the mountains to the lakes we so often enjoy. With summer just around the corner, it's a great time to discover all the opportunities available for you to own a piece of real estate in the Adirondack Park.
Whether you're starting completely from scratch and looking to find land for sale, or you can't get that dream waterfront property off of your mind, we're here to help guide you in the right direction. We've even assembled a helpful list of our top reasons to buy real estate in the Adirondacks this spring and summer!
1. Beautiful Views: Many of our realtors are natives of the Adirondacks and can attest to the fact that beauty is everywhere you turn throughout the park. Just scroll down and you can see, the variety of homes for sale offer beautiful views in every direction.
2. Lakeside Access: What could be better than stepping outside your door on a warm summer day and dipping your toes in the cool glacial waters of the Adirondacks? Or listening to the call of a loon on a peaceful evening with your family on the dock? We can't think of anything, really.
3. Proximity to Outdoor Recreation: Hiking, fishing, skiing, biking – you name it, we've got it. And with six-million-acres to explore, the Adirondacks make for the ultimate playground. Imagine that, right outside the door of your new home.
4. Close to the Action: The Adirondacks are filled with a myriad of towns and villages, including two-time Winter Olympic host Lake Placid. With a variety of events happening year-round, there's always something to do. Say goodbye to "I'm bored" from the little ones.
5. See Potential, Envision Possibility: As the snow melts and spring emerges in the Adirondacks, new possibilities are everywhere. And as we finally thaw out from the long winter, our realtors are ready to assist as you explore the potential of a number of homes.
6. Telecommuting: It you're thinking of relocating to the Adirondacks, telecommuting is a viable option in the area. Let's face it, it's tough to beat an Adirondack office – meetings on top of mountains, on the slopes, or in your own home with fresh mountain air wafting through the window.
7. The New "It" Travel Destination: The Adirondacks are often noted as the birthplace of the American vacation. As a year-round travel destination that was named one of the New York Times' top 46 places to visit in 2013, you'll be the new "it" travel hotspot on all of your friends and family's travel bucket lists.
8. Looking Ahead to Summer: Ah, sweet summertime. While it may seem short-lived after a long winter, the Adirondacks know how to do summer like nowhere else. Buying a home in spring opens up limitless possibilities for the summer ahead – from days on the lakes, to nights around your backyard campfire.
9. Small Towns, Big Dreams: The Adirondacks are a hotbed for producing Winter Olympic athletes. And it's no wonder; active lifestyles are part and parcel of the Adirondack way of life. Adirondack youth often catch Olympic fever at a young age – who knows? Yours might stand on an Olympic podium one day.
10. Upstate New York Does It Right: We'll let a quote from a recent Huffington Post article speak for itself: "When it comes to living well, upstaters may be able to teach us a thing or two."