We hope your Thanksgiving was as good as it could be despite the very unique year we are all having. We here at Merrill Thomas celebrate family and friends, especially in our own communities in the Adirondacks and especially this year, given the climate of small businesses hurtling through a pandemic. This Saturday is Small Business Saturday and we’ve collected our team’s favorite places to shop in the Adirondacks to help you support local businesses, too! Have a look and please let us know if we missed your favorite—we love to support the businesses that make our great community a one-of-a-kind place to live.
Here is a list of some must-stops to shop for the holidays and year-round, please check-out facebook pages for shop small and cyber Monday specials!
Locally Owned Businesses in Lake Placid
ON MAIN STREET
- The Bookstore Plus: A second-generation, locally-owned bookstore located on Main Street in Lake Placid carrying everything from local authors and bestselling novels to craft supplies for all ages.
- The Fallen Arch: Shop for outdoor wear, athletic wear, and shoes! Plus, the local ownership is always happy to provide a local discount.
- Adirondack Chocolates: Two storefronts in Lake Placid and Wilmington locally owned for over 40 years! Bonus points: Our office is right next to their Lake Placid location, so please stop by and say hi if you come down this way!
- The Adirondack Popcorn Co.: A favorite of our agents for an afternoon floor duty pick-me-up!
- Pure Placid: Wonderfully scented natural skincare products, soaps, scented candles, and moisturizing hand sanitizer.
OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANTS (TO SUPPORT WITH A GIFT CERTIFICATE)
- Dack Shack/Simply Gourmet/Big Mountain Deli: Convenient online ordering and curbside pickup!
- Purple Sage Bistro
- Lisa G’s
- Mr. Mike’s-Pizza
- The Cottage: Check out their new dine-in gondolas!
- Lake Placid Pub and Brewery
- Big Slide
- Great Adirondack Brewing Company
Our Favorite Small Businesses Around the Region
- Village Mercantile
- Book Nook
- TF Finnigan
- Blue Line Sports
- Goody Goody’s
- Moody Tree Farm
- Origin Coffee (with a new 2nd location now in Lake Placid!)
- Spruce & Hemlock
- The Adirondack Store
- Raquette River Brewing
- Cabin Fever Floral & Gifts
- Earth Girl Designs
- The Row
JAY & UPPER JAY
KEENE & KEENE VALLEY
Related Topics:Lake Placid, Lifestyle, Locations