A gracious treasure on the south easterly shore of Upper Saranac Lake. Originally constructed in 1898 by Robert Dun Douglass and later purchased by Alix Stanley of "Stanley Tools," Camp Dancing Waters has been preserved in impeccable condition for over 115 years. The camp's distinctive architecture offers alluring appeal as one of the most recognizable properties on the lake. Its signature boathouse has 2 unprecedented drive-through slips together with a distinguishing eyebrow roof dormer. The entire property comprises of 24.5 acres of land and 1,200 FT of shoreline on the peninsula known to many as Douglass Point with level access to the water and exceptional lake and mountain views. The main camp offers roughly 6,000 SF of living space including 7 bedrooms, 4 fireplaces, wrap-around porches, glass enclosed sunroom, formal dining room and 2 car attached garage. Lighted walkways extend to a guest cottage with garage, boathouse and open space lawn area (former tennis court) with a stone wall viewing area built in the hillside. This property is truly a remarkable waterfront offering.
The Camp looks the same as it did 115 years ago.