Waterfront Real Estate on Upper & Lower Saranac Lakes
Wild shores, clean waters and a multitude of islands...
Upper and Lower Saranac Lakes offer some of the most exclusive lakefront real estate found not just in the Adirondacks, but anywhere in the world.
These lakes are places where your family and friends will gather for reunions, special celebrations, and summer retreats. Here, your kids will learn how to walk, swim, steer a boat, and discover the pure delight of roasting marshmallows over a campfire under a canopy of impossibly bright stars. Coveted lakefront homes for sale on Upper and Lower Saranac Lake are few, far between, and feel like a world all their own.
Facts About Upper & Lower Saranac Lake:
- Upper Saranac Lake spans 4,773 acres, while Lower Saranac Lake spans 2,214
- The mean depth of Upper Saranac Lake is 33 feet, while the mean depth of Lower Saranac Lake is 28 feet
- There are public day use areas and more than 60 state-owned camping sites on the multitude of islands on Lower Saranac Lake
- The 90-Miler Canoe Race, aka the Adirondack Canoe Classic, passes through the lakes each September
- Access the lakes via the State Bridge Boat Launch in Tupper Lake or via the Route 3 Boat Launch in Saranac Lake
- Access the lakes from downtown Saranac Lake by boating from Lake Flower, through the Lower Locks, and into the Saranac Lake Chain