A New Resolution: Take Pride In Your Home
House-Proud With Purpose
The term "house-proud" is defined as feeling self-respect or pleasure in one's home which, if it's your biggest asset like most of us, you absolutely should! Because that pride leads to a sense of contentment, confidence, and, as we mentioned above, joy. Things we could all benefit from more of now. That's why it's so important to find the right place to live and we believe two factors are key: space and location.
Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder so you must find a home that speaks to your style whether it's modern, rustic, traditional, or something else entirely. But beyond the construction or the aesthetics, beauty is also found in the function of the space. How does the layout work for your lifestyle? Does it have the storage you need? Does it have the comforts that make life easier and more convenient such as smart home capabilities, dedicated office space, in-floor heat, built-in sprinkler system, a large mudroom, and outdoor living space? Really take the time to imagine how you'll live in the space; if it's what you need, want, and will take pride in.
Location, location, location, right? We believe it's just as important as the space itself. Now, as working from home has become more of the norm, you don't have to save the escape and scenery for vacation. Finally, you can achieve the work-life balance you've always wanted!
Where can you picture yourself working, entertaining, and enjoying life?
Here are some ideas to get started.
- Tybee Island, Georgia – Only a half-hour from Savannah, this small island is full of southern hospitality and serene beauty.
- Bar Harbor, Maine – With sandy beaches and access to Acadia National Park, outdoor activities abound not to mention the shopping, dining, and rich history to explore.
- Kukui'ula, Kauai, Hawaii – It's Hawaii – need we say more? In addition to the beauty and climate, the community features a Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course.
Beauty and Adventure:
- Lake Tahoe, Nevada or California- North America's largest alpine lake has sunshine, fresh air, spectacular scenery, and so much outdoor living to enjoy in every season.
- Aspen, Colorado – A quintessential ski town with extra panache. There's, of course, the skiing and snowmobiling but also plenty of culture with a thriving music, food, and art scene.
- Lake Placid, New York – Saving the best for last, we're certainly partial to the Adirondacks in upstate New York. Lake Placid village, with its backdrop of majestic mountains and pristine lakes, is the perfect blend of serenity, adventure, and community. In fact, we love it so much, we live, work and play here ourselves and are certainly proud to say that!
If you resolve to be house-proud this year, we'd love to help. For more information on Adirondack real estate and Lake Placid vacation rentals, contact our expert team at Merrill L. Thomas, Inc today!